Saturday, August 28, 2010

Jackson the Artist

Jackson has really sparked an interest in drawing pictures and writing his letters over the summer! So I have been trying to capitalize on this excitement . . . he drew this self portrait the end of July. He has been sounding out words and trying to read them (small ones that actually follow the "rules"). So last week I started doing lessons with him out of the "Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons".
He loves having his own special lesson time with mommy and each day he finishes the lesson with the writing task, which is his favorite since we practice on a white board with a dry erase marker (why so exciting I do not know, but whatever does the trick!). He often writes his "C" and "S" in his name backwards, but earlier this week I was so proud to see him write it out perfectly! I am so thankful that I have one more year with him at home!

No comments:

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers