Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Jackson's NEW room

In preparation for Jackson going to kindergarten this fall, we had planned at some point over the summer to move him to his own room and to put the girls into a room together. Looking at our crazy schedule and my parent's schedule (so they could watch everyone over night for us to actually accomplish the task), this past weekend was the best option. He was all excited about the idea of having his own room . . . he remembered all the Cards decor (that had once been on his walls) and saw the new Cars bedding that I picked up on Black Friday last year. But the week of, it started to sink in that he would be ALL ALONE in his new room . . . the excitement ended for a few days!!! Excitement resumed when he saw the new room!! We still have to reassure him a bit at bedtime, but he has done GREAT! To finish the room, we need to put up valances and add the trim piece that goes under the "display shelf" that Dave made. The dresser and headboard were pieces of the crib. The bed rails, box spring and mattress came from my Grandma Mary and most of the memorabilia came from giveaways/promotions from St. Louis Cardinals games.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I love their new rooms! :) I thought I remembered you saying Kayleigh got her first teeth really early. How early? We are pretty sure Mia is getting teeth (drools all the time and other signs) I just thought it seemed way to early, but then I thought of Kayleigh. Mia will be 3 months in a few days.

Jarretts said...

yep, Kayleigh got her 1st at 3 months!! I couldn't believe it!! Hope you all are doing well. I have been so busy that I haven't been good at keeping up on my blog. I apologize!! Take care!!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers