Monday, June 04, 2007

Catching you up . . .

So the past few weeks have been pretty crazy!! On Memorial Day weekend, we where down in TH for my cousin Jill's wedding at Oak Terrace. Which, despite the threat of rain, was set outside overlooking the lake. The peaceful boat ride to and from the ceremony was WONDERFUL!

Here is my niece Claire at the reception getting in a little "Big Sister" practice holding cousin Lincoln. My sister is scheduled for a c-section tomorrow morning (June 5th). Blake Elijah should "technically" arrive shortly after 11 am. I will be sure to have pictures and stats as soon as I get them. We are heading down there to meet him on Thursday!!

We got bad news about our littlest nephew Cian (David’s brother Brian’s little boy) who is almost 9 months old. He had an accident on Memorial Day. His sister Ciara (7) was carrying Cian and tripped. He fell from her arms and hit his head on the concrete driveway. They took him to the hospital by ambulance and did a CAT scan to check for the extent of the injuries. Fortunately, the results of the CAT scan showed no bleeding. The doctors gave Brian and Jenny a list of things to watch for over the next month to be sure he is ok.

And to top off Memorial weekend, David caught Jackson keeping Claire company while she was going potty!! He pulled up the little step stool so he could sit next to her. He said they were just smiling and jabbering to each other.

This past week, my mom and dad took Jackson for a few days. And David and I were able to get away to celebrate our 6th wedding anniversary!!! Jackson and I also went to Lincoln on Saturday to celebrate Bob & Patsy Wilson's 50th wedding anniversary! 6 years doesn't seem quite as long when you stack it up to 50!!!

Oh and I finally got my ultrasound scheduled at the hospital for Monday, June 18th!! I can hardly wait until then to find out!!!!

I think that is the last 2 weeks in a nutshell . . . .

1 comment:

The Young Circus said...

Hey! Great to see you at the wedding! I love the picture of Jill, Jason and Justin. All my pictures were taken from the side! ;-) I can't wait to see Blake! We're going to try to see them on Saturday, if they are up for visitors!
And I hadn't heard about Cian...they will be in our prayers, how scary!
I CAN'T WAIT TO FIND OUT WHAT YOU ARE HAVING!!! Do you have a feeling, boy or girl? How exciting! Talk to you soon! :-)

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers