Sunday, June 24, 2007

Father's Day & More. . .

On Father's Day evening, David asked if we could all go out to a family's pond from the church so he could take Jackson fishing. Well, for safety-sake we thought it would be a good idea for all of us to go so I could be sure he didn't jump in since David would be occupied fishing. So we packed up and went out to the Vandenberg's pond. David caught some bass and bluegill pretty quickly, but Jackson wanted nothing to do with them (as you can see). We did finally get him interested in touching one of the smaller bluegill that he caught, but when he reached to touch the fish's mouth it moved and it scared him! So hopefully he is more interested in fishing when he gets a bit older. . . at least his daddy hopes so!

Also, David's Father's Day gift was a ticket to the John Mayer/Ben Folds concert at what use to be the Riverport in St. Louis. So this past Wednesday, we took another trip down to Waterloo to visit the Warner's. Claire was excited to have Jackson to play with and we got to see how much Blake had grown. They took him to be weighed that afternoon and he is almost 8 lbs. which is GREAT! My mom was also there for the week so we got to help Courtney later that evening with birth announcements for Blake, which was fun! We had to head back for David to be back at work by Thursday afternoon, so it was a quick trip, but good!

On a VERY sad note . . . yesterday afternoon I got my laptop out to check email and look at blogs and it felt really hot! I opened it and nothing would display on the monitor. So I forced it to turn off and tried to turn it back on and the hard disks made a very weird sort of noise and it wouldn't turn on. So I had David check it out last night and he couldn't fix it. And he called tech support at Apple since he thought it was the same problem we have had with it before, but this time it would cost to have it fixed. And sadly the tech guy said that it was an old machine and the money would probably be better spent invested in something newer. So my sad little computer is officially fried!!!! Thankfully, I have a VERY smart computer-savvy husband who figured out how to hook his computer up to mine and access the hard-drive to get all of our financial and other VERY important files off of the computer!! THANK YOU!! I was WIDE awake at 5 am worrying about what I was going to do if I couldn't get my documents off that stupid computer! Looks like we are probably going to purchase a new one for David and I'll get his computer (since he does get a professional reimbursement account from the church to help offset some of the expense. . . thankfully). So I may not be posting for a little while . . .

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not sure about the fish, huh? That is so funny :)
Looking forward to seeing you on the 4th!
Love, Courtney

The Young Circus said...

Yuck about the computer! I hope it gets fixed quickly! One of my most unfavorite things in life is unexpected expenses like that! UGH! I bet Dave really enjoyed the concert, it sounds awesome! Hope you guys are doing well! :-)

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers