Monday, June 16, 2008

Potty Party

Well, today began our potty training adventure. It was a trying day, but we did have a few bright points (so I have to hold on to those to keep me positive). I don't exactly gush with patience, so it took everything within me to get through all of the puddles and wet undies. He is a sweet boy, so that keeps me going too : )

In some of my reading, it suggested using a bear to help show the child the steps. So here is Mr. Bear with Spiderman undies! (David cracked up so much when he saw this little guy sitting on the potty chair). We also have been watching Potty Time with Bear in the Blue House on loan from the library (Thanks Michelle). Jackson LOVES it! A little positive peer pressure is never a bad thing . . . . and if it brain washes him a little, that would be ok too!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm trying to decide when to start with Ethan too. I think I have less patience than just about anyone in the world so God only knows how this will go. :) Any pointers you have would be appreciated! I'm just not sure when to start...he's so active that the dr told me not to try it until now (at the earliest). Sigh...here's hoping the Mickey Mouse pj's work their magic!

Jessica said...

this is a great idea! I'll be praying for patience and success for you guys!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers