Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Crockpotting

I really don't mind cooking, but there are some afternoons when it is time to get supper started that I dread it. I grow tired of making the same recipes. And frankly some evenings, I'm just plain tired! I am always looking for quick easy recipes AND especially ones you can put in the crockpot. So when I came across the link to a blog all about crockpotting I had to check it out!! (Thanks Gretchen!) This lady is making something new in her crockpot everyday of 2008. She just passed day 100. But the greatest part, is that she shows you a picture of how it turned out, gives you the ingredients & instructions, and then follows it up with the verdict (was it good or not). And she has all of the recipes sorted by category on the left side toolbar, to make them easy to look up/reference. So if you are looking for some new recipes check out "The Year of Crockpotting". OR if you have some easy, yummy recipes, please share!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

One of my go-to's is Rachael Ray's beef and black bean chili. You can look it up on www.foodnetwork.com! It's super easy and you can finish it in NO time. You only have to chop onion and green pepper (and jalepeno if you don't use tomatoes with chilis).
A fake out go to meal is beef and noodles. The trick is that I don't make the beef...I buy one of those Tyson dinners. The Beef tips to be exact. Then I buy a package of wide noodles (whole wheat no yolks are what I usually use). I cook the noodles in beef stock (from the can or carton) and water and I make the beef tips in the microwave and follow the regular instructions. When the noodles are done, drain them and then just shred the beef tips with two forks and throw them in to the pot with the noodles (gravy and all). It's SUPER yummy and crazy easy. But I don't do it too often because of the high sodium. All the same, it's yummy! :) This is the longest comment ever.

Cheri said...

Cool Website. I already made a chicken recipe today and it was great. I was very happy to see that they have a version of PF Chang's wonderful lettuce wraps and gluten free recipes. Thanks Kristin!

Stephanie ODea said...

Kristen, thank you so much for linking to me and for your kind words!

I'm having a lot of fun with this project and am learning a lot.

I'm also eating a lot... hmm...

xoxo
steph

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers