Saturday, May 08, 2010

Our Little Man--Jackson Isaiah

Jackson has grown up so much this past year! He is a great helper and really enjoys helping and doing whatever Daddy and Mommy are doing. He loves being just like Daddy and toasting the marshmallows for us over the fire pit . . .he is so patient and careful to perfectly toast them. He has really taken to fishing even more this spring. The boys went fishing again on Papa's boat at Forbes this morning and he was all over bating his hook with the minnows and casting. And is he ever a boy . . . when we got home, Papa poured the bucket of minnows in the little ditch at the end of the drive way. Jackson spent the better part of the afternoon out there catching those squirming little minnows and putting them in a little bottle of water. He had that bottle full to the top with them! He got right down by it and was giving them all silly names and when he came in he said, "I gave them all kisses!" Apparently, something he learned from Papa when they went fishing this morning . . . since he was giving the little fish they didn't keep a little kiss before sending them back out in the lake! What a special boy he is growing up to be!


Funny Conversations with Jackson:

5.3.10: After a very interesting conversation with Jackson about the devil and hell this morning . . . it ended with him telling me, "when I get big like Daddy, I am going to have Jesus in my heart and drive a monster truck. That will really make God laugh!"

4.15.10: Jackson and I were swinging in the backyard and he said, "Mom, I'm swinging so high, if I slingshot myself way up in the sky, I can see God and Jesus!" We were also trying to find things in the clouds and he says, "Look it is a kitty cat dancing for Jesus!"

4.7.10: We just heard thunder and Jackson says to Kayleigh, "Don't worry, I'll protect you. The storm is outside and we are on the inside. It's ok, I'm your big brother!" I think he was also reassuring himself, because it was then followed by, "I'm going to pray that God would make the storm go away!"

4.6.10: After reading "Love You Forever" to Jackson . . . he says to me, "Mommy, I don't want to marry a girl when I grow up big like Daddy . . . I don't like girls!"

No comments:

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers